- “People are Naturally Attracted to You,” The Woven Tale Press, VI(1), 2017.
- “Green Abandon,” The Watershed Review, 39(2), Fall 2017.
- “To the MacArthurs,” The Raleigh Review, Spring 2017.
- “The White Rocker,” The Forge, November 2016, Pushcart Prize Nominee.
- “The Dry Season,” Second Hand Stories (podcast), October 2016.
- “Through and Away,” Storyscape Journal, November 2015.
- “When He Finally Hits,” Big Muddy, 15.1, Summer 2015.
- “Imaginary Beasts,” Chamber Four, Finalist for the Nisqually Prize in Fiction, 2013.
- “Break and Enter,” Sliver of Stone, April 2012.
- “Black Henry,” Emrys Journal, April 2012.
- “Night Noise,” Cirque, June 2010.
- “Starfire,” Arcadia Literary Journal, April 2010.
- “The Nature of Breakage,” Wilderness House Literary Review, Oct. 2009, Pushcart Prize nominee.
- “Love in the Mist,” The Writer’s Block, Dec. 2008.
- “Balance of Nature,” Jeopardy, May 2008.
- “Journal of a sailor on an alternate Santa Maria,” Closed Circuits, June 2011
- “Ommetaphobia/Optophobia,” Jeopardy, May 2008
- “I am Giselle,” Labyrinth, April 2008
- “Pad of Post-It Notes,” Chronogram, May 2005
- Perkins, T. (2018). People are Naturally Attracted to You. Santa Rose, CA: WTAW Press.
- “Up Front Characterization: Using the first paragraph to establish character.” Fiction Southeast. Oct. 2017.
- Book review: Meditations on the Mother Tongue by An Tran. Tributaries, April 2017.
- Interview: Jean Harper, Author of Still Life with Horses. Spring 2018. The Review Review. http://www.thereviewreview.net.
- Interview: Melissa Fraterrigo, Author of Glory Days. Summer 2017. The Review Review. http://www.thereviewreview.net.
- Interview: Anna Zumbahlen, Editor of Carve. Spring 2017. The Review Review. http://www.thereviewreview.net.
- “Never Be Satisfied.” A Chat With Jason Teal, Editor of Heavy Feather Review. (2016, Mar 4). The Review Review. http://www.thereviewreview.net.
- Interview: Affrilachian Poet Bianca Spriggs. (2015). The Chattahoochee Review, Special Issue: Migration. 35(2,3). 79-87.
- 2020: A Stellar Vision for Richmond. (2013, December 8). Palladium-Item, p. A1. (Co-Author)
- Students envision city’s future. (2013, December 9). Palladium-Item, p. A1.
- Book review: Pasture Art by Marlin Barton. New Madrid, Summer 2015.
- Book review: The Art and Craft of Pedagogy by Richard Hickman. Enculturation, January 2013. Enculturation.net
- Perkins, T. Robbed water, raped earth: Wagner’s Ring of the Nibelung as nature writing. In J. I. Oliva’s (Ed.) Natura Loquens / Natura Agens: In Dialogue and Interaction with Nature. Accepted.
- Harris, S., Perkins, T. & Blankenship, M. (2017). Embedding success: Supplemental assistance in online writing instruction. In R. Alexander’s (Ed.) Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning across Academic Disciplines. Fairfax, VA: George Mason University Press.
- Perkins, T. (2016). Service learning in the professional writing classroom: Marilyn Cooper’s “Ecology of Writing” in action. In M. G. Hickey’s (Ed.) Reflecting on Service-learning in higher education: Contemporary Issues and Perspectives. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
“Moth Clip” by Aaron Headly is licensed by under cc by 2.0.